A Children's Party Entertainer is someone who offers a mobile entertainment service by way of an act, show or activity at children's parties. Kids Party Entertainers will be used to interacting with young children and can provide a fun and memorable experience for all.
The possibilities for entertainers are endless and just a few exciting options available are - Clowns, Magicians, Reptile shows, Spa & Pamper parties, Face Painters, Balloon Animal Artists, Bubble shows, Fairies, Superheros & loads more!
Some important tips when considering and/or booking a Party Entertainer;
1. Set a budget for your entertainment. We all have different budgets, so look at what works for you. Take into consideration all your party costs - invites, food, cake, decorations, party bags, any games/prizes and then determine what you can spend on entertainment.
2. Decide on what type of entertainer & is it age appropriate for your guests ?
3. Book WELL in advance. Party Entertainers can book very quickly so to avoid disappointment book well in advance of your party date.
4. Shop around and ask Questions, Questions, Questions!
Remember the entertainer you choose will be coming in to your home and will be around your children and others so make sure you do your homework, ask lots of questions and shop around. Great party entertainers who are committed to offering an awesome service will be more than happy to answer your questions & discuss what they can do for you. A friendly and helpful disposition on the phone will generally mean the same service and demeanor on the day. Some questions to ask;
- Pricing and what services do they include for the price ?
- The duration of the show/service?
- Do they have a current Working with Children Check/Police Clearance and public liability insurance ?
- Do they come in costume ?
- What sort of area do they need - inside/outside ? Do they require a certain amount of space ?
- If an outside show what happens in the case of rain/ extreme heat etc ?
- Information on deposits, cancellation and refund policies
Once you have booked in your entertainer, make a rough plan of how your party schedule will run - will your entertainer be before or after food etc. A party plan will ensure your party runs as smooth as possible on the day. Also ensure that you have adult helpers available during the performance to supervise, help with any children who may feel a little nervous to join in and also to take photos.
Where can I find a Party Entertainer?
To find party entertainers in your local area visit our What's on 4 Kids Parties website and search our directory. You can also look in your local newspaper, parenting magazines, yellow pages or by searching online to find what services are available.
Also if you use a Party Entertainer and they provide an excellent service be sure to let them know or post a review about the service, this is not only appreciated by your entertainer but is also extremely helpful for other mums & dads looking for great service & value!
Happy Planning :)